Are your glasses designed for use with sports? Are they shatter resistant? Do they fall of your face when you turn quickly? Your glasses should be specifically designed for sports use. They are a very important part of any sporting gear. Consider this:
- Every 13 minutes a person with a sports related eye injury visits an emergency room.
- Eye injuries are the leading cause of blindness in children.
- More than 100,000 sports and recreation related eye injuries occur each year.
- More than 90% of all eye injuries can be prevented with the use of appropriate protective eyewear. See your best with your newest prescription in your sports glasses and be comfortable and safe with the newest lens technologies. Just as many professional athletes now realize you should protect you or your child’s eyes with shatter resistant lenses and improve your eyesight with antiglare or improved contrast lenses.
We offer many different lens technologies to suite your needs:
- Saftey lenses –polycarbonate or Trivex: Polycarbonate lenses are 12 times stronger than regular plastic and are used by NASA and the military as a safety material for eyewear, helmet goggles and aircraft windows.
- We use special lenses ground on specially designed equipment for those form fitting frames that “wrap” around the face. The result: Your lenses look great in your frame and they don’t pop out. This allows people with higher prescriptions to use stylish custom sunglasses or recreation spectacles.
- Tints: a multitude of tints for different sports includingpolarized for reducing glare of surfaces such as water.
- Anti glare and reflection:Crizal with Scotchgard and Crizal Sun for the ultimate in reduced reflections, scratch resistance, cleanability.
- Sports progressive Varilux Sport: specifically designed progressive addition lens to allow unfettered distance vision while still giving a usable reading section. For those over forty who need help reading up close.
Our Sports Eyewear
Liberty Opictal’s REC SPECS offer a complete line of frames specifically designed for all types of sports. REC SPECS offer the highest degree of customization and protection for your sport. So if you need protection for baseball, scuba diving or just dry eyes, REC SPEC has the design for you.
Oakley premium eyewear passes the protective eyewear ANSI Z87.1 standards. They have a wide selection of stylish eyewear for your sports eyewear needs.