Our office features Crizal No-Glare Coatings, the market leader of No-Glare (Anti-Reflective) ophthalmic lenses. Crizal lenses are worn and trusted by over 260 million people all over the world.
The Crizal coating process takes the entire day from start to finish and must be applied to the lens before the lens is cut and mounted into the frame. The Crizal coating process is sophisticated, and utilizing nano-technology, all the layers become integrated into one. Unlike other AR coatings it must be applied in a “clean room” facility with over a million dollars of specially designed equipment to support the vacuum chamber, high energy ion-beam and sophisticated layer application processes. The end result is a super thin coating that optically cancels out reflected light rays. Imagine a plaster wall 150 feet thick with a covering of wallpaper. That proportion of wallpaper would equal the thin film of AR coating on the front of a lens 2 mm thick.
Crizal lenses are unlike any other pair because you can:
- See Better Crizal lenses mean safer, more comfortable nighttime driving by reducing glare from headlights, taillights and street lights. Studies have shown that visual acuity is improved by decreasing glare and scratches on lenses. Contrast is also improved while driving by 20% and recovery time is faster by 5 seconds. Regular uncoated lenses can block up to 18% of light. Crizal coated lenses transmit up to 99%! As a rule of thumb, the lens materials or lenses for higher prescriptions will reflect light more and anti reflection coating is necessary.
Most Crizal lenses do 3 things to make you see better:
- Eliminates Glare by using precise thin coats to cancel out internal reflections within the lens.
- Add scratch resistance by fusing silica (glass) and then zirconium (artificial diamond) to the lens for an extra tough finish.
- Reduces smudges and static and repel water through additional coatings.
- Look Better Crizal lenses are clean, clear, and glare-free so they’re virtually invisible to those around you. People see you instead of your glasses. They have an extra hard scratch coating made of artificial diamond (zirconium) you don’t need to look through scratched lenses.
- Feel Better Crizal lenses mean fewer headaches and less eye fatigue caused by reflections from computer screens and daytime lights. Studies show computer users are 3 times more satisfied with their lenses with anti-reflection coating when used on a computer.
Clarify for Kids with Crizal
Kids Benefit too: Crizal coated lenses reduce glare so kids see clearly and sharply
- On the playing field, Crizal coatings can help with fine motor skills, like hitting a baseball
- At school, where fluorescent lights are common, Crizal coatings will stave off eye fatigue
- At home or in the library, wherever computers are used, Crizal coatings can help protect your child’s vision
Crizal coatings will also help keep their lenses in good shape with scratch and smudge resistance. Read more about Crizal and other lens choices for kids.
There are 5 types of Crizal lenses. (General Crizal Brochure)
Each Crizal lens has different levels of sophistication; see the Crizal chart below for which features are right for you.
See Crizal Technology
More technical information on manufacturing and advantages of lenses
See the Advantages of a Crizal lenses
Better lens performance and life